WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM?
You can e-mail or call:
Summer Reading Committee Chairperson
Emmet Belknap Intermediate School
The Lockport City School District created a Summer Reading Program to help you maintain and strengthen literacy skills. You are encouraged to read any age-appropriate books of your own choice for personal enjoyment and reflection.
WHAT IS THE SUMMER READING PROGRAM?
• It’s free to all students entering grades 5-12.
• You can read any age-appropriate book (fiction or non-fiction) of your choice.
• You may not use books that you have read before.
• You must complete a project OR an essay for each book.
• You must meet with an evaluator in July or August.
HOW DO I EARN POINTS?
Students are eligible to earn up to 3 extra points on their 1st quarter English grade:
• For the first book project, students will earn 1 point.
• For the second book project, students will earn 2 additional points.
FOLLOW THESE 3 EASY STEPS…
First, read a book.
Next, complete a project at home OR complete an essay at the library.
Lastly, meet with an evaluator to discuss your project or essay.